Vaisala Inc. Application Manager in Beijing, China
Vaisala has been predicting the unpredictable for over 80 years. We are a global leader in weather and industrial measurements, and our technologies can be found in demanding environments from hospitals, national parks and data centers to airports and wind farms all over the world– and beyond! We offer you a career with a clear purpose and a chance to create observations for a better world.
Innovation is at the heart of our company and we believe in developing cutting-edge technology. With our 1,800 professionals worldwide we intend to stay on top of our game and this is where you come in.
We are looking for a collaborative and proactive Application Manager, Wind Lidar, to join our team. This position is based in Beijing office.
Your key responsibilities include
• Support to Sales and Business Development in pre-sales phase by bringing a high-level expertise on measurement techniques and procedures in order to educate customers on Lidars application, benefits and best-practices, elaborate technical application proposals and support bidding team to maximize sales success.
• Training and Support to distributors and end users, follow Lidar performance and application and provide technical support for data analysis.
• Production of proofs of application, including performance checks and field campaigns, and the evaluation of the key scientific benefits of using Lidar technology in various applications.
• Manage the pool of scientific proofs to support market education and prospects conviction.
• Dissemination of results and experiences into scientific publications and during conferences make or encourage the making of papers/posters and presentations and collect application information. As a Lidar expert, be an active member in experts networks and gatherings.
• Develop a strategy to foster adoption of Lidar and introduction into national collaborative projects (key research laboratories, innovation and standardization working groups) to advance Company technology as a recognized standard for the application, and to create entry barriers to competitors in this market.
• Map the value chain of the Application, identify key players and influencers and propose relevant strategic positioning for the Company in the market space;
• Monitoring of China market trends and new Lidar applications at a scientific level to provide inputs (in particular about Lidar measurement capabilities requirements) and interface with Lidar product managers to support the product roadmap matching the application needs in China.
Who we are looking for
• Master degree on Meteorology, Atmospheric physics, Civil aviation or related research area.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ working experience in meteorology research, atmospheric monitoring or sensors.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• English can be used as working language.
We offer you a position in a truly global company with the mission of providing observations for a better world. Our solutions contribute to societies and people’s lives in over 150 countries. We engage in activities that are designed to help ensure the long-term viability of the planet: our solutions save lives and help our customers manage their resources, energy, waste, chemicals and product yield more efficiently.
Interested? Please send your CV and salary expectation using online tool by June 30th.
The atmosphere at Vaisala buzzes with curiosity because in our line of work there are always things to discover and learn. We embrace new ideas and have bright colleagues from experienced experts at the top of their fields to young talents at the start of their careers.
We take pride in being pioneers who strive to bring about positive changes in both the society and environment, and our work is not done yet. Take advantage of this opportunity and join our team to make a difference!