Vaisala Inc. Lead Service Technician in Beijing, China
Lead Service Technician
Vaisala has been predicting the unpredictable for over 80 years. We are a global leader in weather and industrial measurements, and our technologies can be found in demanding environments from hospitals, national parks and data centers to airports and wind farms all over the world– and beyond! We offer you a career with a clear purpose and a chance to create observations for a better world.
Innovation is at the heart of our company and we believe in developing cutting-edge technology. With our 1,800 professionals worldwide we intend to stay on top of our game and this is where you come in.
In the Industrial Measurements business unit our global team develops measurement instruments and sells to thousands of Vaisala’s customers in life science, power transmission and many other industrial application markets ranging from automotive to the food industries.
We are now looking for a collaborative and experienced Calibration & Repair Technician to be responsible for performing calibrations and repairs on various Vaisala products. The job location is Beijing, China.
Your key responsibilities include
• Performing detailed calibrations and repairs on Vaisala products.
• Technical Support within competence area.
• All calibration and repairs are performed following the steps outlined in the Calibration & Repair Services Process.
In addition, you are responsible for:
• Completing Data Sheets and Calibration Reports
• Completing Repair Service and Service Reports
• Accurately opening, assigning, and completing Repair Orders (RO’s)
• Reading and following detailed calibration/repair procedures
• Accurately signing out inventory material
• Providing clear and concise updates to customers regarding calibration and/or repair status or quotations.
• Updating and maintaining automation system references
• Provide internal/external training on Vaisala products/processes
• Perform calibration and/or repairs on Vaisala reference equipment
• Active co-operation with testing, engineering, quality and development teams
Who we are looking for
• Excellent spoken and written English as either primary or secondary language
• Proficient knowledge and use of ERP System related to Calibration and Repair modules
• Basic calibration knowledge
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good level of knowledge or skill associated in any or all of the following disciplines: electronics, mechanics, telecommunications, computer networking, environmental or climatological disciplines, and/ or dedicated customer service delivery.
• Proficient in the calibration and/or repair activities on multiple instrumentation parameters or product lines.
Your educational background is Bachelor Degree or Above in Instrumentation, Mechanical Engineering or Automation and you have a minimum of 3 years work experience in related field. You have worked with responsibilities that require customer service delivery and ideally, in a technical role.
In the role, you need full understanding of Quality System Related to the Calibration & Repair Service Center. Thus, completion of ISO 17025, uncertainty Training Course and CNAS Certified Calibration Technician Certificate or equivalent certification is a plus
We offer you a position in a truly global company with the mission of providing observations for a better world. Our solutions contribute to societies and people’s lives in over 150 countries. We engage in activities that are designed to help ensure the long-term viability of the planet: our solutions save lives and help our customers manage their resources, energy, waste, chemicals and product yield more efficiently.
Interested? Send in your online application by July 31st, 2019, including your CV and salary expectations.
The atmosphere at Vaisala buzzes with curiosity because in our line of work there are always things to discover and learn. We embrace new ideas and have bright colleagues from experienced experts at the top of their fields to young talents at the start of their careers.
We take pride in being pioneers who strive to bring about positive changes in both the society and environment, and our work is not done yet. Take advantage of this opportunity and join our team to make a difference!