Vaisala Inc. Tender Specialist in Helsinki, Finland
Vaisala has been predicting the unpredictable for over 80 years. We are a global leader in weather and industrial measurements, and our technologies can be found in demanding environments from hospitals, national parks and data centers to airports and wind farms all over the world– and beyond! We offer you a career with a clear purpose and a chance to create observations for a better world.
Innovation is at the heart of our company and we believe in developing cutting-edge technology. With our 1,800 professionals worldwide we intend to stay on top of our game and this is where you come in.
In Vaisala’s Weather and Environment business area, our forward-thinking team focuses on providing solutions to react on challenging weather or air quality conditions. We partner with our customers to help them make the most informed decisions whenever environmental insight matters.
We are looking for a result oriented Tender Specialist to join our Weather and Environment Sales organization in Vantaa, Finland.
A substantial part of our business comes from public tenders. Our Tender Specialists play an important role in ensuring our tender responses are delivered successfully in a professional manner.
Your key responsibilities include
• Acting as a communication bridge and cooperate with internal stakeholders, such as; Sales teams globally, Product and Application managers, Legal, and Project delivery managers, to ensure a winning response to international tender opportunities
• Make certain that tender responses are professional in appearance and content, meet the tender requirements and are submitted on time
• Developing best practices to improve our efficiency in preparing tender responses and maintain an active database of elements typically needed for tender responses
• Assisting Sales Managers in preparing sales reviews
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced professional with:
• Understanding of the public sector procurement and tendering process
• Deep understanding of commercial contracts
• Ability to act as a project leader for each tender opportunity
• Self-initiated approach and ability to function well in a cross functional organization
• Excellent language skills in English and Spanish, knowledge of French is a benefit
• Superior communication skills that help you to deliver expected results efficiently
• Analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Attention to details
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. (or equivalent) in technical or commercial discipline
This position offers the possibility to work in an international work environment and with interesting, motivated and professional people within an organization that strongly supports personal growth and continued development. Beyond the opportunity to be an integral part of a professional and engaged work community, we offer you the opportunity to work for an innovative company focused on providing observations for a better world.
Submit your application by June 19, 2019 with CV and salary request.
For more information, please contact Suzette Patricio-Ahonen, Head of Sales Operations on 17th June between 14.00 – 15.00 on +358405604172.
Interested to read about our latest successful big tenders from this spring?
• Vaisala’s Automated Weather Observing System to 31 Airports in Argentina: bit.ly/2FXuMV6
• Vaisala to Provide Swedish Transport Administration with New Road Weather Station Network: bit.ly/2EUvhQ8
The atmosphere at Vaisala buzzes with curiosity because in our line of work there are always things to discover and learn. We embrace new ideas and have bright colleagues from experienced experts at the top of their fields to young talents at the start of their careers.
We take pride in being pioneers who strive to bring about positive changes in both the society and environment, and our work is not done yet. Take advantage of this opportunity and join our team to make a difference!